Stockholm- A Culture Capital

Stockholm- A Culture Capital
“The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” – St. Augustine

Saturday, January 15, 2011

He Lives!

As people keep telling me, and I keep noticing myself: I seem to have fallen off the face of the earth. I didn’t fall off but I have been blending in with the snow and sludge crusted crust of the Moscow streets. I am going to get the New Year Started off in a more informative, yet informal way.

So here is a quick run down of my two missing months:

-->I packed up everything in my flat in Moscow and left it in a big pile to be moved to a new flat as I went to my brother’s wedding.

-->I spent a week in Canada buying things you just can’t get in Moscow, caught up with friends and family, and celebrated Christmas early.


-->Then I jetted off to Mexico to spend a sun-soaked week of PURE BLISS with some of the closest friends and family I have and had to honor of being the best man at my brother’s wedding. Although I am just his brother, I had the feeling a dad might have when he gives away his son to someone who has known him for such a short time. He is my ONLY brother. However, I am gladder for my brother than anyone could be and his darling wife Danielle is the perfect match for him. Therefor I am willing to share him.

-->I then returned to Moscow and had to find and unpack my into new flat. This is where life became a whirl wind: No internet at home, teaching, applying and interviewing for two new teaching courses, and dressing up as Santa Clause for promotional lessons with the school took over my life.

-->I celebrated my birthday with a long overdue ABC party and dressed as a giant Matroyhka (Russian Stacking Doll). Then my dear friend and fake wife Mila came to visit me as she Blitzes the globe, and then of course came Christmas with my dear adopt-a-family here in Moscow. And I discovered the great perk of being a teacher- CHRISTMAS PRESENTS AND CHAMPAGNE!!!

Hope all of you had a wonderful holiday season and in 2011 I will keep the writing a little more consistent.


Life is Fantastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment