Stockholm- A Culture Capital

Stockholm- A Culture Capital
“The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” – St. Augustine

Monday, December 21, 2009

Cheers Africa!

I write this in my empty apartment waiting for the laundry to finish so I can pack the last of my things. This is my last morning in Africa and I am sad to leave this wonderful and diverse place. My last few days were spent all over the map. I had my very last day of CELTA on friday and I got all my reports and said fair well to the school. Then after boutique shopping and lunch with classmates I dressed up and went to the South African production of CATS, which was excellent and my first cats experience. After that we went out on the town and stayed up until sunrise which we watched over the ocean at mouille point.

Then next day we spent laying on the beach and taking the taxis all around to shop in the malls and shopping in a giant Christmas market on one of the main roads. Still sleep deprived at this point I went sand boarding sunday morning for a 7 hour experience in the dessert. It was fantastic! These dunes were between 15 and 20 some meters high and you climb up the shifting dunes of white sand, wax your board and strap in bare foot to fly down the hills in the dessert. The sun and the heat was incredible but it wiped nearly all the energy out of me. Then I had a farewell braai on the beach with the lovely locals I had met while I was here and then passed out by midnight. I am not happy to leave Africa and dreading the cold weather. I had a final brunch of colada french toast dipped in coconut milk and rum with bananas and now I am counting down my last hours.

However I am on my way to Italy to see my family for the holidays and I am extremely excited to see them again and to be with my brother for his first time in Europe.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment