Stockholm- A Culture Capital

Stockholm- A Culture Capital
“The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” – St. Augustine

Thursday, December 17, 2009

For the Love of Africa

It has been over a week since I have updated the blog and a lot has gone on! Since my stolen phone escapades I have been working very hard on my CELTA course and today is my very last day. I am a certified CELTA graduate and will be waiting for Cambridge to send me my official certifications. It has flown by and I will miss it.

Along side my course I have also been keeping very busy, I went shopping again and saw New Moon at the mall which was a must. It was great to get some American media. I also went to a party in one of the South African townships. This particular street party was held in an area with less shacks and more walled houses. They erected a stage in the street and had a handful of local african talent performing. They were also launching a ghetto vegetarian restaurant and I had my first ever soy curry while I was out there. After that we went to an intimate little club called Fiction who had live DJ's mixing their own electronica, my favorite being a mix of the super mario bros theme song.

We had a public holiday on wednesday here and I took the chance to go paragliding with my wonderful classmate Barbara. The paragliding was AMAZING and I would love to take it up as a hobby. It was shorter than we expected and so at 1 o'clock we decided we would climb table mountain and made it to the top of the 3500 ft mountain through Platteklip Gorge and then after a break on top made our way back down. We then went for all you can eat sushi and had Sheesha at Mesopotamia, a restaurant with live belly dancing and music.

Then yesterday to get into the Christmas spirit I went to the Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens for a night of candle light carolling put on by the local rotary club and sang our way through 16 odd carols while lounging on the grass of the garden's amphitheater. I have even more planned for the days to come and I am very sad to be leaving the amazing Country and City behind.

Love you all and hope your Christmas season is well
Mac Putici

No comments:

Post a Comment