Stockholm- A Culture Capital

Stockholm- A Culture Capital
“The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” – St. Augustine

Monday, August 2, 2010

A Family Affair

[The Immediates]

There is nothing like a great family reunion to remind you how nice it is to spend time with those peoples you love. I spend most of my time away from home and I am usually making new friends or running solo. Spending this past weekend in Kelowna with my family had me rediscover that I don’t need to be going somewhere exotic, or constantly on the move to enjoy myself. (Not that it is going to stop me) The combination of good food and good people is all you need to have a good time-- A great time.

[Brother and I]

Our family is a Zany bunch, and leave it to them to have us playing giant Dutch Blitz games, giving out tattoos and splitting our stomachs open laughing over a variety of games and food. I am sure you who know how much I love to eat and will probably not be surprised that my family spends an incredible amount of time with plate in hand. We were lucky to have traditional family foods like cabbage rolls and borscht as well as a baked potato bar and deserts galore.


[My Crazy and Beloved Cousins]

[Playing 'The Bus Game']

This was the first reunion we had in something like 6 years but we plan to keep it up every 2 and return to the sight we were at called La Punta Norte Bed and Breakfast.

It was great to see long time relatives and new additions to the family before I go off into the unknown again.

No comments:

Post a Comment